Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Schedule and The Cost


After the surgeon left the room, the English Stick said I could get dressed and go down the corridor to the Waiting Room, where someone would meet me to book me in for my surgery.  I did as she said and, sure enough, an even thinner Stick came to meet me.  She took me through to an office where she told me the cost of the surgery; just short of $12,000 (£8,000), including the liposuction.  I paid a deposit of $2,000 (£1,300) and signed the acceptance forms.  She told me that I would need to have an EKG (ECG) before the surgery and that I could arrange this through my primary care provider for about $50.  She asked if I had any questions, which I didn't, and then she asked when I would like to have the surgery.  I decided on 1st June 2015 and she booked me in for the first surgery of the day at 7.30am.  I would need to be there for 6.30am.  What a culture shock that's going to be!  She gave me a pack with all the information forms in and sent me on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment