Friday, April 3, 2015

Introduction

I've wanted a breast reduction since I was about 17.  They always felt too big for me and, after two children, they just got bigger.  After years of carrying the weight of them, my collar bones finally started to give up and I ended up with dips in them where my bra straps sat.  I've asked my various doctors over the years if I could have them reduced through the NHS (the National Health Service in England) but, sadly, the answer was always "No".  What makes things worse is that my rib cage is quite prominent so only serves to shove my breasts out even further!  Unless I wore figure hugging tops (not exactly what I wanted to do with large breasts!) I looked permanently 6 months pregnant, as my clothes would hang like a tent in front of me.

There have been times when I've even wished I could get breast cancer, just to get rid of the damned things.  I know that may seem ridiculous to some people but it's the truth of the desperate levels I got to over these lumps of unwanted flesh that were always in the way.

I've never been able to afford to go private for a reduction.  Well, I could've saved up over time, I guess, but I would never have been able to justify the expense with so much else in my life demanding my hard earned cash.

Finally, at 52 and with a better income and a supportive partner, I'm embarking on a journey I never thought I'd make and I'd like to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment