Friday, April 3, 2015

Choosing a Surgeon

This was an easy one.

On a trip to the US before we moved here, my partner had met a lady who works for a cosmetic plastic surgeon, local to where we were to live.  After researching him online, we discovered he is part of one of the top cosmetic plastic surgeries in the US.  An easy choice to go ahead with him.  Sure, he was never going to be the cheapest but, after seeing the horror stories on television when things go wrong, I could never justify costs over safety.

So, with mixed feelings of excitement and trepidation, I made my first contact three days ago.  The lady on the phone was extremely nice (I'm not exactly sure what I'd have done if she hadn't been!) and she made me an appointment for a consultation for two days time, which was yesterday.

Before I went for the consultation, I had about 9 forms to fill in online.  Nothing unexpected; name, contact info, height, weight, next of kin (reassuring!) etc..  Then a whole raft of questions about my past and current health, family illnesses, previous operations, current medication, lifestyle etc..  They also wanted to know who my current employer is and the name of my Manager!!  Really?  What on earth does that have to do with my operation?  I thought that was rather unnecessary, so didn't fill it in.

So, with said forms filled in (as much as I was prepared to go), I was left to contemplate my dream that was slowly turning into reality.

I had a restless time that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment